EResearch@Otago Day 2017
When and where
- Wednesday 18 October 2017
- 10:00am – 4:00pm
- College Auditorium, UO College of Education, 178 Union Street East. Lunch, morning and afternoon teas provided.
To be announced shortly to registered attendees...
If you would like to attend this event please confirm by Wednesday 11 October to email@example.com. Please advise of any special dietary requirements.
Related events with separate sign up pages
An informal, open day of eResearch-focused presentations, case studies, networking and discussions, for all staff and postgraduate students. Following on from last year’s NeSI@Otago Day, we are broadening the scope of this year’s event:
- Listen to presentations by Otago researchers and specialist support staff, who are solving big compute and data challenges, by using eResearch services such as NeSI’s supercomputers, the REANNZ network, ITS high capacity storage (HCS), the data transfer service, and Library data management services.
- See how others are applying some of the Software Carpentry skills, that you too can learn, by attending the free Software Carpentry course being held on the 19th and 20th of October in Dunedin.
- Find out more about the New Zealand eScience Infrastructure (NeSI), and gain insight into the types and scale of research that NeSI enables around New Zealand, and potentially for your research too.
- Learn about NeSI’s new compute and storage platforms, what this could mean for your research and when, and hear about the exciting new capabilities and research services coming.
- Learn more about NeSI’s computing services; including consultancy, support and training initiatives such as Research Bazaar and Software Carpentry and how to access them.
- Discuss all your eResearch requirements and questions with specialist support team members from ITS, the Library and NeSI.
- Get started straight away-talk with support consultancy staff to:
- Get your research file storage allocated on HCS and learn how to use it;
- Create a NeSI project for your research, and get your account set up.
- See how to transfer large data sets from HCS to NeSI and around the world.
Remote Connectivity Arrangements
You can join this event via Zoom; the meeting ID will be sent to confirmed attendees. Meeting rooms in Christchurch (Room 7.05) and Wellington (Room C31) have been reserved for those who want to attend from the Northern campuses, or you can join from your desktop / mobile devices worldwide.
If you have any queries about the day please contact: Dave Maclaurin ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or David Eyers (email@example.com)